Advances through digitalization
EBNER.blog | Robert Wrulich, EBNER
Advances through digitalization.
Our digitalization strategy is based on the needs of our customers and is the foundation for our digital path into the future.
Our goal is to ensure that EBNER facilities are state-of-the-art, for which reason we focus on continuously developing our products to increase their efficiency and optimize processes.
Inspired by this approach, two of our current digitalization projects are the implementation of a new EBNER customer portal and further development of EBNER‘s VISUALFURNACES Process Control System (PCS).
THE EBNER CUSTOMER PORTAL
Communication with and for our customers has been a significant factor in the success of our company, so we are constantly searching for ways to simplify and optimize communications for our customers.
We are currently deep in development work for an EBNER customer portal, which will offer every important feature needed to be able to react quickly and purposefully to customer requests.
The portal will incorporate the following features:
- Centralized facility information: information such as the facility user manual, spares list, drawings, orders, general facility data and every one of your contacts at EBNER will be in one place
- User administration: the allocation of roles and user authorizations are under the customer’s control for the highest possible level of security
- Corporate group, company and facility overviews are automatically based on assigned roles, allowing use throughout a group – including all facility information
- The provision of information is greatly simplified and reaction times are reduced when requests are made: virtually every process can be performed through the portal, from inquiries, quotes and orders to service overviews and scheduling
- Spare part management to simplify the identification of spare parts for customers and process inquiries more rapidly
- Individualized dashboard
- The platform for all future EBNER apps
Our proven Process Control System (PCS), VISUALFURNACES, is being upgraded to provide our customers with even more flexibility. The newest version, VISUALFURNACES 8, will simplify supervision, production planning and utilization through high-level, decentralized access. The update will also offer the following benefits:
- Hardware-independent deployment provides maximum customer flexibility
- Thanks to its hybrid architecture, can be operated either on-premises or on the cloud
- “One-click” updates for all EBNER modules ensure that you are kept up to date!
- EBNER edge devices provide our customers with maximum data security and transparency
- Single sign-on for all applications
- The planning of future production in the web app can also be carried out at a higher level – providing maximum flexibility
- Data is provided to higher-level (level 3 and level 4) systems using standardized APIs
- Overview of the status of every facility, including KPIs
- Dynamic employment of modules; newly-developed modules rapidly become ready
- All established EBNER PERFECT modules, including extensions
EBNER Customer Portal & VISUALFURNACES 8